Pan Seared Salmon with a Citrus Berry Salad
½ tsp. Royco Mchuzi Mix
1 tbsp. lemon juice
½ orange zest
Hand full of strawberries
Orange segments from one orange
2 Sprigs fresh mint
4 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. strawberry pulp
Drops of lemon juice
Royco Mchuzi Mix
1. Mix lemon juice, orange zest and Royco Mchuzi Mix together. Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
2. In a hot pan, put some oil, and pan sear the salmon on the skin side. Reduce the heat and allow to cook through slowly.
3. Flip over, pour in the citrus mixture and allow to cook in the oven to medium done.
4. In a clean bowl, place in the strawberry pulp, lemon juice, black pepper, honey and Royco Mchuzi Mix.
5. Whisk in the olive oil until the mixture thickens lightly. Season with a little salt.
6. Wash and cut the strawberries into halves. Mix together with orange segments, roquette and fresh mint.
7. Place the rested salmon on a plate. Top with the dressed salad. Pour the pan juices on top of the salmon. Serve immediately.