Need a beef recipe for dinner? Try this very delicious African recipe: Algerian Chorb for an great dinner meal.
- Recipe serves:2
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time52 min
- 300-500 g Beef
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 small tub Tomato Paste
- 3 Royco Beef Cubes
- 2 medium Onion, chopped
- 3 medium Potatoes, chopped
- 2 sticks Celery, chopped
- 3 Carrots, chopped
- 2 Courgettes chopped
- 1 Turnip, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- Coriander, Chickpeas (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Coriander Powder
- Caraway (A variant of cummin native to Northern Africa)
- Harissa (A Maghrebian hot chilli pepper paste)
- Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 cup of pasta
- In a casserole dish or frying pan, brown the beef in the oil
- Add the vegetables, mix well.
- Add Royco Beef Cubes Beef Cubes, tomato paste, spices, Harissa and coriander leaves.
- Cover with water and leave to simmer for about 45 minutes.
- After simmering, sieve soup, reserving the liquid.
- Return cooked meat to the fry pan.
- Add reserved liquid.
- Before serving, add pasta and cook for approx. 7 mins.
- Present with some coriander leaves and orange. Bonne Chorba!