Its diabetes appropriate, contains low calories, low carbohydrates, low cholesterol, low sodium and its healthy weight.
- Recipe serves:2
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time15 min
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tsp minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 Royco Beef Cubes
- 1 cup sliced white mushroom caps
- 4 (3-ounce) filet mignon medallions
- ¼ cup Cognac or brandy
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 drops hot red pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Season the beef medallions on both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the meat and cook for 45 seconds on the first side.
- Turn and cook for 30 seconds on the second side.
- Add the shallots and garlic to the side of the pan and cook, stirring, for 20 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until soft, 2 minutes. Place the meat on a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Tilt the pan towards you and add the brandy.
- Tip the pan away from yourself and ignite the brandy with a match.
- (Alternatively, remove the pan from the heat to ignite, and then return to the heat.)
- When the flame has burned out, add the mustard and cream, mix thoroughly and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add Royco Beef Cubes Cube and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the Worcestershire and hot sauce and stir to combine.
- Return the meat and any accumulated juices to the pan and turn the meat to coat with the sauce.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the green onions and parsley.
- Divide the medallions and sauce between 2 large plates and serve immediately.