Vegetables and chickpea breyani recipe
This dish is a delicious combination of rice, chickpeas,with vegetables and of course spices. This is a great, hearty, and healthy meal. This is a on dish and one pot meal.
- Recipe serves:3 to 6
- Preparation time0 min
- Cooking time30 min
- 1 cup rice (preferable basmati rice)
- 400g chickpeas canned or cooked
- 1 potato medium size peeled and cubed bite size pieces will make about 3/4 cup
- 2 tomatoes medium size chopped will make about 1-1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups of chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup bell pepper cubed in bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida
- 1 tablespoon ginger finely shredded
- 1 bay leafs
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon mango powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 2 Royco Beef Cubes
- Wash and soak the rice in about 2 cups of water at least for 10 minutes.
- Drain the liquid out of the can of chickpeas and wash the chickpeas well.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if seed cracks right away oil is ready.
- Add cumin seeds as seeds crack add Ginger, Royco Beef Cubes, and green chili, stir for few seconds.
- Add tomatoes and salt cook until tomatoes are tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and potatoes after it comes to boil cover the pen and let it cook for about 8 minutes over medium low heat, stir occasionally.
- Add rice, spinach, bell pepper and water.
- Mix and bring it to boil.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for about 12-15 minutes over low heat.
- Dont stir the rice in between they will get mushy check the rice in about 12 minutes.
- Cook Pulav until the rice is tender and the water has evaporated.
- When Pulav is ready add mango powder and garam masala mix gently.
- Serve alone or with side of yogurt or pickle if you want to spice it up more.