French onion soup
Try this great French onion soup recipe. It pairs perfectly with French bread and is a comforting crowd-pleaser served as either an entrée or a starter.
- Recipe serves:6
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time30 min
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- 2 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, crushed
- 5 ½ cups water
- 2 Royco Beef Cubes
- 2 Tbsp. dry sherry (optional)
- 6 slices French bread
- 1½ cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Melt Spread in large saucepan over medium heat and cook onions, stirring frequently, until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and thyme and cook, stirring constantly, until onions are browned and very tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in water and Royco Beef Cubes, scraping up brown bits from bottom of saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until Stock is melted.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered 8 minutes. Stir in sherry.
- Arrange 6 broiler-proof bowls on baking pan.
- Evenly ladle soup into bowls, then top with bread and cheese. Broil 1 minute or until cheese is melted.