Moroccan beef skewers
Need a beef recipe for dinner tonight? Try these moroccan beef skewers with your next barbeque. They are yummy!
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time70 min
- Cooking time40 min
- 450g Beef Mince
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 3 tbsp Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ground All spice
- 2 Royco Beef Cubes
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil, for rubbing over skewers
- 2 tbsp Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil,
- 1 tsp Salt,
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup Greek Style Yogurt
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 Lemon
- Salt & Pepper,
- Preheat a bbq to medium high heat.
- In a large bowl combine beef, garlic, 2 tbsp of parsley, spices, Royco Beef Cubes cune crumbles, breadcrumbs and eggs.
- Season it with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Divide the mixture evenly into 8 balls.
- Place a meatball onto the end of a skewer and gently mould it into a flat sausage shape down the skewer, packing it tightly with your hand.
- This should be about 10 cm long, 4 cm wide and 2 cm thick.
- Repeat with remaining meat.
- Rub a little olive oil onto each meat skewer and cook on the bbq for about 4 mins per side, or until cooked through.
- Remove from the bbq to a plate and rest for 3 mins.
- While the meat is cooking, make the cous cous: Combine the stock and salt in a medium saucepan, and bring to the boil.
- Cover the pan tightly and stand for 5 mins, or until the liquid is absorbed and the cous cous is tender.
- Fluff with a fork and mix in the olive oil and 1 tbsp of parsley.
- Season it with pepper to taste, cover and keep warm.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cous cous.
- Mix the yoghurt in a small bowl with lemon rind and juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the cous cous evenly onto the centre of 4 serving places.
- Place 2 skewers next to each mound of cous cous and top with a dollop of the lemon yogurt sauce, serve immediately.