Need a recipe for dinner? Try this home-style butterbeans recipe. Butter beans are large, creamy-coloured beans that have a soft, floury texture when cooked.
- Recipe serves:8
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time70 min
- 12 to 13 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 Royco Beef Cubes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut kernels from cobs into a large bowl (about 6 cups).
- Scrape milk and remaining pulp from cobs; discard cobs.
- Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients.
- Whisk together eggs, whipping cream, and butter in a large bowl.
- Gradually add Royco Beef Cubes Beef Cubes, sugar mixture to egg mixture, whisking until smooth; stir in corn.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes or until set.
- Let stand 5 minutes.