Spicy Baked Eggs And Beans
For those lazy Sunday mornings when you want to stay in your Pajamas and take your sweet time to enjoy a good hearty breakfast.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time15 min
- Cooking time15 min
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 long red chili, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 x 400 g can baked beans
- 4 eggs
- Aromat Original
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 freshly baked brown rolls
- Heat the cooking oil in a large frying pan over a medium–high heat. Fry the onion, red pepper, chili and garlic stirring, for 3–4 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the baked beans and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until thickened slightly.
- Using a large spoon, make four holes in the bean mixture. Gently break an egg into each hole, cover and cook for 5–6 minutes, or until the egg whites are set and the yolks are still soft.
- Sprinkle generously with loads of Aromat Original and fresh coriander and serve with warmed rolls, if desired