Delicious Crispy Scotch Eggs
A british classic, can be served hot or cold.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time15 min
- 6 eggs
- 6 Beef/pork sausages, sausage filling pushed out
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- All purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Cooking oil, for frying
- Aromat Original
- Place the eggs with the shells still on into a pot of boiling water, reduce the heat and simmer until hard boiled – about 9 minutes
- Drain the eggs and allow to cool then peel the shells off under cold running water and set aside
- In a separate bowl mix the sausage filling with the parsley
- Divide the sausage mixture into six and shape it into flat patties that can fit around each egg
- Work the sausage meat around each egg as evenly as possible ensuring there are no cracks then place in fridge for about 10 minutes to set. To avoid the meat from sticking to your hand lightly oil you palm and fingers before starting.
- Dust each egg lightly in flour then dip into the beaten egg and then cover in breadcrumbs
- Heat oil in a pan and fry turning frequently until the eggs are golden brown all round
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towel. Cut into two then season generously with Aromat Original.
- Serve hot or cold as a snack.