Beef And Stout Stew
Quick and easy recipes are a lifesaver when preparing a meal after a long day at work. If you’re feeling a little stumped when it comes to simple and quick dinner ideas, why not try this Beef and Stout Stew? Hearty, wholesome and packed with delicious flavour, it is the perfect meal for a relaxed evening in. .
- Recipe serves:6
- Preparation time15 min
- Cooking time120 min
- 1 kg brisket, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) cooking oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Robertsons Black Pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Robertsons Mixed Herbs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) vinegar
- 340 ml stout or beer
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 1 Knorr Beef stock cube
- 2 cups (500 ml) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 packet Knorr Rich Oxtail Soup Powder
- Brown the meat in heated oil, add the sliced onion and fry for a few minutes.
- Add pepper, mixed herbs and sugar.
- Heat vinegar, beer and water. Add the stock cube and pour the mixture over meat.
- Reduce the heat to medium, cover and simmer for 1 - 2 hours.
- Add the mixed vegetables and simmer until the meat is tender.
- Lastly, stir in the Knorr Oxtail Soup to thicken the sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with rice or mash.
- Not only is this meal delicious, it is also nutritious. For more hearty meals and tasty recipes, click here.