Curried Neck With Cheesy Dumplings
After a busy day, the last thing that you feel like doing is coming up with gourmet dinner recipe ideas. Put the worry behind you – this simple recipe is delicious and requires minimal preparation time. Why not try out this Curried Neck with Cheesy Dumplings? It is sure to make your family smile from ear to ear.
- Recipe serves:4 to 6
- Preparation time20 min
- Cooking time90 min
- 750 g lamb neck
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) curry powder
- 2 cups (500 ml) hot water
- 2 Knorr Beef Stock Cubes 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) vinegar
- 2 cups (500 ml) frozen mixed vegetables
- Dumpling Ingredients
- 1 cup (250 ml) self-raising flour
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) Knorr Cheesy Aromat
- ¼ cup (60 ml) BlueBand Margarine
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cold water
- Heat the oil and brown the lamb in a large pot.
- Add the onion and the curry powder and fry until golden brown.
- Add the hot water, stock cubes and vinegar.
- Cover and allow to simmer for about 1 hour or until the meat is tender. Add extra water if needed.
- For the Dumplings: Mix the flour and Aromat together.
- Rub the margarine into the mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the cheese.
- Add cold water to form a soft dough.
- Stir the vegetables into the stew and then drop spoonfuls of dumpling mixture on top. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes without removing the lid.
- Serve this delicious dish with rice, samp or yam. For more delicious recipes, click here.