Ginger Beer Chicken Stew
Ideal for festive family dinners, this Ginger Beer Chicken Stew is packed with a variety of delicious flavours. It’s sure to become a favourite among your chicken recipes. If you’re looking for quick and easy recipes, why not try out this delicious dish?
- Recipe serves:4 to 6
- Preparation time15 min
- Cooking time40 min
- 1,5 - 2 kg chicken pieces
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) oil
- 2 onions cut into rings
- 2 cups (500 ml) ginger beer
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 packet Knorr Mushroom Dry-Cook-in Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) chutney
- 2 cups (500 ml) frozen mixed vegetables
- Brown the chicken pieces in oil. Next, add the onion and garlic and fry until soft.
- Combine the ginger beer, water, dry-cook-in sauce, tomato sauce and chutney. Pour over the chicken. Cover with a lid and simmer gently for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add frozen vegetables and heat through for another 10 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Serve with mashed potato or rice.
- If you’re looking for some culinary inspiration, sign up to join the WHATSFORDINNER community and receive recipes, cooking tips and menu ideas. Click here for more information.