Beef Stew with Oomph!
If you’re looking for beef stew recipes, look no further. Try this beef stew that is left to cook and infuse with its delicious blend of spices and beefy Royco Mchuzi mix. Yoghurt, coconut and fresh chillies give this hearty stew an extra delicious kick.
- Recipe serves:8
- Preparation time20 min
- Cooking time40 min
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 kg beef, chopped into large chunks
- 2 red chillies, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) ground coriander
- ½ cup of freshly grated coconut
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) Royco mchuzi mix (beef flavour)
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of boiled garden peas
- Heat the coconut oil. Add onions and cook until deep, golden brown.
- Add the beef. Cook until all of the water evaporates. Continue to cook, turning occasionally until the meat is slightly crunchy on the edges.
- Add chillies, cumin, coriander and half of the grated coconut. Stir. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Mix the Royco Mchuzi Mix and yogurt in a bowl. Pour into the meat. Season with salt. Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Scatter the boiled peas and give it a quick stir. Serve and sprinkle with the remaining grated coconut.
- Serve with rice or bread.