Goat Neck Meat Biryani
- Recipe serves:3
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time30 min
- ½ kg boneless goat meat (from neck)
- ½ litre Mala
- 2 onions (sliced)
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml). curry powder
- ½ green pepper (diced)
- ½ red pepper (diced)
- ½ yellow pepper (diced)
- 1 Tbsp.(15 ml) Royco Mchuzi Mix
- Soak the meat in a small bowl with the Mala for at least 30 minutes to act as a tenderiser. You can do this for longer if you have time.
- Cook the sliced onion with 3 Tbsp. of oil until it browns evenly under medium heat.
- Add the curry powder to the onion and cook for a minute while stirring.
- Add the meat that is marinated in Mala to the onion and mix well. Increase the heat to allow the meat to cook thoroughly. Allow to simmer while covered and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add a little water while the meat is cooking as it dries up.
- Add the mixed coloured peppers 5 minutes before turning off the heat to allow time to cook.
- Dissolve the Royco in a little cold water and pour into the stew, allowing to thicken for 2 minutes. Add more water if it gets too thick as you adjust the seasoning.
- Serve with saffron or / turmeric white rice mixed with peas.