Leg of Goat with Sizzle
If you’re looking for delicious dinner ideas, then you’ve come to the right place. This tender, juicy leg of goat dish is ideal for a large, hungry family. The beefy barbeque sauce works perfectly with this sizzling culinary delight.
- Recipe serves:12
- Preparation time60 min
- Cooking time90 min
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) ketchup
- 1 cup dark soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) barbecque sauce
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) Royco mchuzi mix beef flavour 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 leg of goat
- Goat ribs
- Onion rings to garnish
- Basting brush
- Aluminium foil
- Roasting tray
- Oven or barbecque
- Wash and pat dry the leg and ribs of goat. Make shallow slits on the meaty parts.
- Mix Royco, fresh mint and lemon juice to form a paste.
- Generously Bbrush the goat meat with the Royco mixture generously. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius or heat the barbeque until the coals glow amber(or barbecque) to very hot.
- Place the meat on a piece of foil. Mix the ketchup, tomato paste, soy sauce, and barbeqcue sauce together to form a smooth paste.
- Generously Bbrush all over the meat all over generously. Tightly wrap with foil.
- Place the meat in hot the oven for 1 hour then remove the foil. Scoop the juices and pour onto the meat. Cook for 30 more minutes or until the meat is tender.
- (If you prefer to barbecque, place the meat on the hot barbecque grill with the wrapped in the foil on. Cook for 1 hour, turning occasionally. Remove the foil and cook uncovered, continuously turning while basting until ready).
- Serve with kachumbari.