Marinated Grilled Fish with Curried Coconut Sauce
With the bite of the mild Knorr Durban Curry Dry Cook-In Sauce and an infusion of coconut flavour, this grilled fish is a fresh and, delicious summer meal.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time30 min
- Cooking time30 min
- 2 whole fish, plate sized
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 cup (250 ml) pureed pineapple
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) freshly crushed black pepper
- Salt to taste
- For the sauce
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup (250 ml) water
- 1 packet Knorr mild Durban Curry Dry Cook-in-Sauce Zest of ½ a lemon
- Basting brush
- Grill/non-stick pan
- Wash the fish thoroughly and pat dry.
- Cut slits on the fleshy parts.
- Mix the lemon juice and pureed pineapple together. Brush the fish generously and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to stand for 20 minutes.
- Heat the grill or non-stick pan and brush with oil.
- Drain the marinade from the fish. Place on the hot grill or pan.
- Cook one side until golden brown and then turn. Cook both sides for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: In a separate pan, heat the oil and brown the onions. Add coconut milk, water and the Knorr Mild Durban Curry . Bring to a boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes until thick and saucy. Sprinkle the rest of lemon and stir. Keep aside.
- Place the cooked fish on a platter. Pour the sauce lightly over the fish. Garnish with lemon wedges.