Sweet Githeri Surprise
Aaah, githeri. A firm favourite amongst all Kenyans – and for good reason! With this unique citrus recipe, you will want to savour the traditional meal over and over again. It is one of those dinner recipes that will be sure to impress both your family and your dinner guests!
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time15 min
- Cooking time20 min
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) of cooking oil
- 3 cups (360 g) of boiled beans
- 2 cups (240 g) of boiled young maize
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml)of curry powder
- 2 tsp. (10 ml)of Royco Mchuzi Mix (beef variant)
- 1 cup (250 ml) of orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 Tbsp. of grated orange rind
- Salt to taste
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan and, once hot, add the beans, maize and curry powder. Stir and cook on a high heat for 5 minutes.
- Mix the Royco Mchuzi Mix with the orange juice and add to the pan. Stir well and allow to simmer until the liquid reduces. Next, add the grated orange rind and salt to taste. Stir and allow to simmer for a further 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- If you would like to view more quick & easy dinner recipes just like this one, click here.