Avocado Salad Scoops
This dish is perfect for those days when you want something different to impress your guests, without breaking the bank. It is one of those quick and easy recipes that families all over the world turn to when they want something simple to make without compromising on flavour.
- Recipe serves:5
- Preparation time5 min
- Cooking time5 min
- 5 hard-ripe avocados
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 large Tbsp. margarine
- 3 onions, finely cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 2 green peppers, finely cubed
- 3 tomatoes, deseeded and finely cubed
- 1 cup of sweet corn, drained
- 2 Royco Beef Cubes
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cut the avocados lengthways. Remove the pips and make deep slits into cubes, being careful not to bruise the skin. Sprinkle with lemon juice and set aside.
- Melt the margarine in a pan and add the onions and garlic. Cook until soft and add the remaining vegetables. Crush in the Royco Beef Cubes and cook on high heat for 5 minutes, mixing consistently.
- Season with salt. Next, arrange the cut avocados on a platter. While they are still hot from the pan, scoop 3 tablespoons of the vegetables and place into the avocados.
- Serve the dish on its own as a light meal or with toasted bread.
- For more interesting salad recipes like this one, click here.