Potato Seasoning For Wedges
Are you tired of only having the boring ‘salt and pepper’ combo on your dinner table? Wish there was a way to spice things up a bit? Try this delicious, easy recipe for potato spice mix. It is ideal for adding flavour to your fries, roast, or sautéed potatoes .
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time2 min
- Cooking time20 min
- 4 large potatoes. (washed, skin on)
- 1 litre (4 cupsl) of vegetable oil.
- For seasoning:
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) of Royco Mchuzi Mix.
- 1 Tsp. (5 ml) of Spanish paprika
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) of fresh rosemary and thyme (finely chopped)
- Cut your potatoes into even wedges.
- In some boiling, salted water, par- boil the potatoes until they are semi soft. Take out and dry off any excess water.
- Heat your oil in a deep pan or a fryer to 180 degrees Celsius. Deep fry your potatoes until cooked and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix the Royco Mchuzi Mix, paprika and fresh herbs in a large enough bowl.
- Once the potatoes are done, take out of the oil and pat down on absorbent paper. Toss well in the spice mix and serve immediately.
Chef’s Tip:Pre-cooking the potatoes in the boiling water ensures that the insides will be fully cooked after deep frying, and reduces the deep frying time required - which saves both oil and power. For more easy recipes that are full of flavour,click here.