Sweet and Sour Chicken Stew
If you’re looking for tasty chicken recipes, try this Sweet and Sour Chicken Stew. Remember to add Royco Chicken Mchuzi mix.
- Recipe serves:10
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time60 min
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) of oil (or ghee)
- 1 chicken (de-boned) OR 5 chicken breasts, cubed
- 6 fresh curry leaves
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of mustard seeds
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of turmeric
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) of Royco Chicken Mchuzi mix ,
- 1 cup (250 ml) of pineapple juice, freshly blended
- 1 cup (250 ml) of coconut milk
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil or ghee in a pan. Add the chicken and fry, turning occasionally, until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the fresh curry leaves to the pan and fry, stirring occasionally, until deeply pungent. Add the onions, mustard seeds, garlic and turmeric. Stir and cook until the onions soften.
- Return the chicken to the pan, season with salt and black pepper and stir.
- Mix the Royco Chicken Mchuzi mix and pineapple juice well. Add to the chicken and then add the coconut milk.
- Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until thick and saucy. Serve with rice or naan.
- For more mouth-watering stew recipes like this one, click here