Rosemary Crepe with Liver
Try this great tasting savoury crepe recipe with chicken liver, mango chutney and sweet potato stuffing.
- Recipe serves:1
- Preparation time15 min
- Cooking time20 min
- ½ cup baking flour
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup water
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ sprig rosemary, chopped
- For filling
- 100 g chicken liver, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, little ginger
- 2 tsp. mango chutney
- Sprigs of thyme
- Royco chicken mchuzi mix
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Dash of cream
- Sweet potato, peeled, cubed
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Green pepper corn and salt
- Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl for the crepe. Pour in all the wet ingredient and whisk slowly to a smooth paste. If the mixture is lumpy, pass through a strainer.
- Heat a non-stick pan under medium heat. Brush a little oil onto the pan and spread ladle full scoops of the batter on the pan and spread all round the pan.
- Once crepe begins to puff and form bubbles, flip and cook on the other side to golden brown.
- Repeat this with the rest of the batter and set aside.
- Bring some water to a boil in a pot and blanch the sweet potato cubes to semi soft. Remove from the water and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp. oil under medium high heat. Once pan is hot, put in the liver and brown quickly making sure not to cook it through. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the rest of the oil and toss the garlic and ginger. Add in the sweet potato and royco and toss for about 1 minute.
- Put back the liver, mango chutney, thyme and cream. Reduce the heat and simmer until mixture thickens. Season with salt and green pepper corn and finish off with the parsley.
- Take your crepe and cut from the center to one edge. Twist to form a cone shape, and then fill with chicken liver mixture.
- Repeat this action and serve two stuffed crepes per portion. Pour the excess liquid as the sauce and garnish with a sprig of rosemary.