Beef Boerewors and Macaroni with Basil and Chili
Nothing beats the taste of beef boerewors, served with macaroni and cheese this dinner is a real treat for the kids.
- Recipe serves:1
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time25 min
- Beef boerewors, skinned
- ½ an onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 – 3 dried chilies. (optional)
- Half bunch basil, plucked off the stalk
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 60 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp. royco
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 80 g macaroni pasta
- Salt and pepper
- After taking off the skin from the boerewors, cut into chunky pieces. Set aside.
- In a large enough pot, bring some water to boiling point, add some salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook the macaroni according to the instructions on the packet. (about 7 minutes)
- Once cooked to al dente, take out and run under cold water. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large frying pan under medium high heat. Place the boerewors into the pan and brown well. Take out and set aside.
- In the same pan, toss in the onion and garlic. Cook for about 1 minute then add the chili flakes.
- Put the boerewors back into the pan, add the royco, whole basil, and cherry tomatoes. Toss for a further 2 minutes then add the macaroni and the rest of the olive oil.
- Mix well until everything is incorporated. Season well with salt and pepper. Serve immediately and sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.