Lamb Kidney Pie
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
Half an onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
Lamb kidney, cut to bite sizes
Fresh thyme, chopped
1 bay leaf
Few drops of Worchester sauce
50 ml stout beer
30g button mushrooms, quartered
20g carrots, diced
20g sugar snaps
1 tbsp. chopped parsley
Royco Mchuzi Mix
1. Heat some oil in a large pot. Add the kidney. Season the kidney with salt and black pepper and allow it to brown. Add the onion and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes
2. Add the mushroom, thyme, bay leaf and Royco Mchuzi Mix. Stir for a few seconds then add the Worcester sauce and the stout. Cover and cook for about ten minutes then add in the carrot and sugar snaps. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until the liquid is thickened.
3. Finish off with parsley and then adjust seasoning.
4. Place the mixture into an oven proof dish, making sure to take out the bay leaf. Fill just to the top.
5. Roll out the puff pastry to about 2mm thick. Cover the dish to just a bit more than the size of the dish. Pinch the edges together around the dish and make a incision cut in the centre to let air out.
6. Brush the puff pastry with the egg wash which will give the crust a shiny glaze.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for about 7-10 minutes or until the pastry is cooked and golden brown.
8. Serve immediately.