Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola Mushroom Sauce, Baby Vegetables and Rapee Potatoes
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
Hand full Parsley
Hand full Thyme
Hand full Rosemary
Fresh black pepper
Drizzle of olive oil
1 ½ tsp. Royco
80g button mushrooms, quartered
3 - 4 rashers beef bacon
1 clove garlic
Half a small onion, quartered
2 tbsp. Gorgonzola cheese, crumbed
¼ cup fresh double cream
2 tbsp. oil
1 whole potato, peeled, grated finely
1 whole egg, beaten
2 - 3 tbsp. fresh cream
3 sprigs Fresh thyme
For the sauce
1. In a pan, heat some oil and throw in the mushrooms, roughly cut bacon, whole garlic, and onion. Allow to brown over medium high heat.
2. Later put in the Royco, black pepper, and the cream. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Strain the mixture and discard the mixture. Place the liquid back into a pan and bring back to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat, add the gorgonzola cheese and allow the sauce to thicken stirring occasionally. Once thick, check the seasoning and adjust accordingly. Toss in a little butter and keep covered.
For the Rapee potatoes
1. In a large enough bowl, mix all the potato ingredients together. (Making sure you squeeze and excess water from the grated potato).
2. Heat a good amount of oil in a pan or fryer. Take small teaspoon scoops of the potato mixture and deep fry until golden brown. The egg should help keep each scoop together like a spiky ball.
3. Take out and place on absorbent paper to drain any excess oil. Set aside and keep warm.
4. Put the fresh herbs, Royco, salt, pepper and olive oil into a blender and blend into a fine mixture.
For the Tenderloin
1. Season your trimmed tenderloin with salt and pepper. Pan sear on a hot pan to an even brown colour.
2. Remove from the pan, spread the mustard all round and roll the tenderloin in the herb mixture. Coat well. Finish cooking in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for about 10 minutes.
3. Set aside and allow to rest.
For the Baby Vegetables
1. Blanch the carrot in boiling water then put into ice cold water. Cut the zucchini and the baby corn into half lengthwise.
2. Heat a grill pan to very hot. Add a little oil, and grill the vegetables until on both side. Season with salt and pepper and take out of the heat.
3. Re‐heat the sauce, cut the rested tenderloin and assemble everything onto a clean plate.