Thai style stir fry
To stir-fry successfully, prepare everything before you begin; then cook in batches. Forget the wok and use a skillet large enough to hold a single layer of tofu, which will ensure that your tofu browns and becomes crisp. For a spicier version, you can double the curry paste to 2 teaspoons. Serve with rice noodles or jasmine rice.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time20 min
- ½ kg chicken breast, cut into 1-in strips
- 1-tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple juice
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 Royco Beef Cubes, crumbled
- In large skillet, stir-fry chicken in oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in veggies; cook uncovered for 4-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl combine remaining ingredients.
- Stir into chicken mixture and heat through until sauce is smooth and coats everything nicely.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or noodles.