Need a lamb recipe for dinner? This authentic lamb tagine recipe will take you to slow-cooked perfection. Try it today!
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time120 min
- 1 kg lamb shoulder, cubed
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 Royco Beef Cube
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Pinch of saffron
- 2 tbsp argan oil
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 white onions, sliced
- 10 prunes
- 10 dried apricots
- 350g passata
- 300g cooked chickpeas
- 300ml vegetable stock For the gremolata
- 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- Add half the spices and the Royco beef Cube to a bowl along with the argan oil and mix together.
- Add the lamb and toss around in the spice mixture, making sure the lamb is coated in the spices. Cover and leave to marinade for a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Heat a large heavy-bottomed casserole dish and brown the meat all over in batches, putting to one side as you go.
- Add the onions, remaining spices and sugar.
- Gently over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the meat back to the casserole dish along with the prunes, apricots, chickpeas, passata and stock.
- Place in the preheated oven for 3 hours.
- For the gremolata: Remove the peel from the lemon using a vegetable peeler, making sure you only take the top layer and none of the white pith.
- Finely chop the peel and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Drizzle over the lamb tagine at the table.