Vegetarian open faced sandwich
Try this quick and easy vegetarian open faced sandwich recipe for a very nutritious light meal or snack.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time25 min
- Cooking time20 min
- 6 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1 small eggplant, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 Royco Beef Cubes
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 cloves garlic
- Dried oregano
- Dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven broiler
- Spread one side of each bread slice with equal amounts pesto sauce
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet, pesto side up.
- Layer each slice with eggplant, red bell pepper, red onion, tomatoes, mushrooms, and cheese.
- Crush garlic on top of cheese, and season with oregano, basil, salt, Royco Beef Cubes and pepper.
- Broil 5 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned