Crunchy fish and chips with tartar sauce
Introduce your kids to the wonderful tastes of the ocean with this fun little fish 'n' chip dish.
- Recipe serves:2 to 4
- Preparation time25 min
- Cooking time40 min
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato unpeeled, cut into wedges
- 2 Medium Potatoes, unpeeled, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Plain Flour
- 3 cups Corn Flakes
- 600g Boneless Firm White Fish Fillets
- ¾ cup Light Whole Egg Mayonnaise
- (Such As Flathead), cut into 2cm wide strips
- 2 tbsp Gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Drained Capers, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 220C (200C fan-forced).
- Place sweet potatoes and potatoes on a baking tray lined with paper.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake, turning pieces for even roasting, for 40 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, place egg, crumbled Royco Beef Cubes and milk in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk to combine.
- Place flour on a plate.
- Place crushed cornflakes on a plate.
- Dip a piece of fish in the flour, then egg mixture and lastly crumbs.
- Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Continue to coat remaining fish.
- Place fish in the oven for the last 10 minutes of potato and Sweet potato cooking time, turning fish once during cooking, or until fish is cooked through.
- Place mayonnaise, gherkin, capers and juice in a small bowl.
- Serve potato andsweet potato wedges with fish and tartare sauce.