Need a beef recipe for dinner? Try this country-fried steak recipe. Cornmeal gravy tops this country-fried steak perfectly.
- Recipe serves:6
- Preparation time15 min
- Cooking time65 min
- 1kg top sirloin steaks, cubed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 Royco Beef Cubes
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 1½ cups finely crushed round buttery crackers
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle cubed steaks with salt, crumbled Royco Beef Cubes and pepper.
- Combine flour, crackers, and marjoram in a shallow dish.
- Whisk eggs and buttermilk in a bowl.
- Dip steaks in egg mixture; dredge in cracker mixture.
- Repeat procedure.
- Pour oil to depth of 1 1/2 inches in a large heavy skillet.
- Heat to 325.
- Fry steaks, in batches, 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Drain on a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan.
- Serve with gravy.