Italian pot roast
Need a great recipe for dinner tonight? Why not try this delicious Italian pot roast recipe. Try it today and watch how your family smiles from ear to ear.
- Recipe serves:3
- Preparation time20 min
- Cooking time106 min
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 (3- to 4-lb.) boneless chuck roast, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1-oz.) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (14-oz.) can beef broth
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Royco Beef Cube, crumbled
- Place mushrooms and onion in a lightly greased 5-to 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Sprinkle roast with pepper.
- Cook roast in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Place roast on top of mushrooms and onion in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle onion soup mix over roast, Royco Beef Cubes Beef Cubes, pour beef broth and tomato sauce over roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or until meat shreds easily with a fork.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board; cut into large chunks, removing any large pieces of fat. Keep roast warm.
- Skim fat from juices in slow cooker; stir in tomato paste and Italian seasoning.
- Stir together cornstarch and 2 Tbsp. water in a small bowl until smooth; add to juices in slow cooker, stirring until blended.
- Increase slow cooker heat to HIGH.
- Cover and cook 40 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Stir in roast.