Pizza spaghetti casserole
Need a recipe for dinner? Try this pizza spaghetti casserole recipe - it makes a wonderful alternative to ordinary spaghetti.
- Recipe serves:9
- Preparation time15 min
- Cooking time15 min
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1-lb.) package mild ground pork sausage
- 2 ounces turkey pepperoni slices (about 30), cut in half
- 1 (26-oz.) jar tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8-oz.) package shredded Italian three-cheese blend
- Cook spaghetti with 1/2 tsp. salt according to package directions.
- Drain well, and place in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Drain and set aside.
- Wipe skillet clean.
- Add pepperoni, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until slightly crisp.
- Top spaghetti in baking dish with sausage; pour pasta sauce over sausage.
- Arrange half of pepperoni slices evenly over pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheeses.
- Arrange remaining half of pepperoni slices evenly over cheese.
- Cover with nonstick or lightly greased aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes; remove foil, and bake 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and just begins to brown.