Tasty Mince Supper
Hearty flavours and mouth-watering aroma gives new life to tired mince recipes. This Tasty Mince Supper is packed with rich flavour that is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Serve with a delicious green salad and this meal is sure to become a household favourite.
- Recipe serves:4 to 6
- Preparation time15 min
- Cooking time50 min
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 800 g mince meat
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) hot water
- 1 Knorr Beef Stock Cube
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) tomato sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Robertsons Parsley
- 1 cup (250 ml) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup (250 ml) yoghurt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml)self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cheddar cheese, grated
- Robertsons Parsley to sprinkle
- Heat the margarine and fry the onion. Then add the mince and brown.
- Add the flour, stir in the water, Knorr Beef Stock cube, tomato sauce and parsley. Add the frozen mixed vegetables and cook for 10 minutes. Place in an ovenproof dish.
- To prepare the topping, mix all of the topping ingredients together.
- Pour over the mince mixture. Sprinkle with parsley and bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius or until the topping has set.
- For more delicious recipes and useful cooking tips, sign up to join the WHATSFORDINNER community and receive recipes, meal ideas and cooking tips. Click here for more information.