Spicy Pork Balls in Mushroom Sauce
If you like pork recipes, you need to try this Spicy Pork Balls in Mushroom Sauce recipes that is sure to make you enjoy pork in a whole new way. Jazzed up with Indian spices and a smooth mushroom sauce. this dish is best served with rice or chapatti.
- Recipe serves:10
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time20 min
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) mustard seeds
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) cumin seeds
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) black pepper, crushed
- ½ kg minced pork (lean)
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) finely chopped (fresh) coriander
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) wheat flour
- 1 packet Knorr mushroom sauce
- 1 cup (250 ml) oil for shallow frying
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander to garnish
- Mortar and pestle (or electric spice grinder)
- Calibrated jug
- Place ingredients 1-4 in a pan. Dry roast until they start to smoke. Place in a mortar and pestle and grind into a coarse powder.
- Place the pork mince in a bowl. Add the crushed spices, coriander, garlic and lemon juice. Mix thoroughly.
- Form the mince into balls, (to make about 20). Roll the balls lightly in wheat flour and shake off excess flour.
- Heat the shallow frying oil in a pan until hot. Cook the balls in batches of ten, turning occasionally, until golden brown and crunchy on the outside and cooked inside (about 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, boil 250 ml water. Empty the contents of the mushroom sauce in a jug and add the boiling water. Stir for 1 minute.
- Serve the balls in bowls. Drizzle mushroom sauce over them. Sprinkle fresh dhania and serve. Serve with rice or spaghetti.