Meat Marinade for Beef Tenderloin
When it comes to serving a meat dish that really impresses, the secret is knowing how best to enhance and complement the natural flavours of the dish. This is one of many easy recipes that you can use to marinate meat for either pan frying or BBQ-ing. This particular marinade can be used for both hearty cuts of beef or poultry. Enjoy!.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time5 min
- Cooking time35 min
- 1 kg of trimmed beef tenderloin or skinless chicken breasts.
- For the marinade:
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) of Royco Mchuzi Mix
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) of brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) of fresh thyme and parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) of Spanish paprika
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) of freshly ground black pepper.
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) of vegetable oil
- Cut the meat into two equal parts for easy handling.
- In a large enough bowl, mix all of the other ingredients together.
- Put the meat into this mixture and bind together. Allow to rest for at least four hours, allowing the marinade to be absorbed by the meat. 24 hours is ideal.
- When you are ready to cook the meat, heat the oil in a pan on a high heat until it starts to smoke.
- Take the meat out of the marinade and remove any excess. Lightly season with some salt and pan fry evenly on all sides until the meat is nicely browned.
- Take out and finish off in the oven to your preference. Once done, remove from the oven and allow it to rest for at least five minutes before cutting.
- In the frying pan, add the rest of the marinade and a little water. De-glaze your pan in order to detach the residue. Simmer on a low heat until the liquid thickens. Serve as the sauce for the meat. (red wine is optional for those who would like to make a red wine sauce).
Chef’s Tip:According to your preference, cook your meat on the following temperatures. For rare, cook between. 52 and -55 degrees Celsius. For, medium rare, cook between. 55 and -60 degrees Celsius. For medium, cook between. 60 and- 65 degrees Celsius., For medium well, cook between. 65 and -69 degrees Celsius. For, well done, cook at. 71 degrees Celsius and above. If you would like to view more beef recipes just like this one, click here.