Baked Chicken in Spicy Peanut Butter
If you had a busy day but you still want to impress your Valentines date, this is one of the chicken recipes that you can always rely on. Not only can it be thrown together in just 60 minutes, but it promises to be a real taste sensation that will be difficult to forget. For best results and enhanced flavour, try plan ahead by soaking the chicken the day before.
- Recipe serves:6 or 2
- Preparation time20 min
- Cooking time40 min
- 3 heaped Tbsp. (45 ml) of smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) of Royco Mchuzi Mix, chicken variant
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 chicken, chopped into large pieces (for a family) OR 2 chicken breasts to serve two (remember to reduce the quantities of all of the other ingredients by half)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) of white pepper
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of black pepper, freshly crushed
- To serve:
- Rice and peas
- Place the peanut butter, lemon juice, Royco Mchuzi Mix, garlic, white pepper and salt into a bowl. Mix well. Add the chicken and rub the mixture into the pieces. Place in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes (preferably overnight).
- Heat the oven to 250⁰C. Brush a pan with oil and arrange the pieces closely together. Use a small pan as possible so that the juices don’t dry out).
- Pour any remaining marinade on top of the chicken. Sprinkle with the black pepper and cover the whole pan with foil. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Turn the chicken and remove the foil halfway through cooking.
- Serve with rice, mixed with peas, and a salad.
- Enjoyed this easy dinner recipe? For more just like this one, click here