Battered Deep-Fried Tilapia
Deep fried fish recipes are always a firm favourite. This recipe takes this dish to new heights by coating the fish with deliciousness before deep frying.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time30 min
- Cooking time15 min
- 2 whole Tilapia
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of salt
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of black pepper (divided)
- 1/2 tsp. (2,5 ml) of ginger powder
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) of wheat flour
- 1 Royco Beef Cube, crushed
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) of paprika
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (188ml) of water
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash the fish well and pat dry with kitchen napkins. Chop each fish into 4 pieces.
- Sprinkle the fish with the salt, black pepper, ginger and garlic powder. Rub the skin of the fish and inside it. Keep aside for 20 minutes. 3. Meanwhile make the batter. Place flour, the Royco Beef Cube, paprika, the zest of a lemon and the remaining black pepper into a bowl and mix well. Add the egg, lemon juice and water. Whisk to a smooth and lump- free batter.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Dip the pieces of fish into the batter and coat well. Place the fish into the hot oil and cook until golden and crispy (about 5 minutes).
- Serve with lemon wedges and Ugali.
- For more delicious fish recipes just like this one, click here